Required Visa Documents to Teach in Korea

Below is the list of the documents you must obtain in order to get a visa to teach in Korea.  Please make sure the name on all your documents matches the name that is on your passport.  If for instance your diploma doesn't match the name on your passport you will need to get a letter from your university stating you are the same person that is in your passport.  Also, we recommend you make copies of each of these documents for your own records. 

  • One apostilled national criminal background check (Korean consulate certified for Canadians).
  • One apostilled photocopy of a Bachelor's diploma (Korean consulate certified for Canadians).
  • A Latin degree translation if your diploma is written in Latin. If your diploma is not written in Latin you do not need to do this.
  • Two passport photos if you are an E2 visa candidate.  
  • A copy of your passport.  Make sure it is valid through the year you would be teaching in Korea.
  • The Korean immigration issued health statement (this form will be provided to you by the recruiter).
  • A degree verification which validates that you did in fact obtain your Bachelor's degree. To get a degree verification we recommend using American DataBank if you are from the U.S. or asking your university to send you a letter verifying your degree if you are from Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa or the UK.

You can also get advice from former teachers who have already recently gone through the process from their respective countries. Click on the links below for firsthand experiences by country of origin.